Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Apple Pencil Reboot

This might not be an issue for you, but here is my story. The Apple Pencil is a great tool, a stylus, that is responsive to pressure and tilt angle on the glass. The Procreate app is very responsive to the Pencil. 

My Pencil often lies dormant in a case with other adapters. So it is not charged often and it is not paired to the iPad Pro occasionally. But it does not work! Urggh. Do I need to buy a new one? 

Discovery: using the MagSafe iPhone Charger is one way to maximize the charge on the Apple Pencil. My experience - not that I've read this is suggested by Apple. It took several tries and now the Pencil will pair and work on the iPad Pro. Not only to do drawing but also to handwrite text on a Notes page and then the scribbles become words (like "editable" words.